Thursday, March 17, 2011

Overview

Here's the view from a beehive platform at highway level.  I used to keep a couple of hives here, but since bees fly so far, it's a lot more convenient to keep all the hives at my main beeyard half a mile north of my house.

This pic shows the windmill, the Ark, the garden, North Hill, and the Rio Grande (complete with tumbleweed).  I really want to get the windmill running again, which would be relatively easy, but unfortunately the well is corroded together (a consequence of having highly alkaline water) and I find myself stymied because the well has to be directly underneath the windmill.  Otherwise I would just blow myself a new well.

The structure at the bottom of the picture is the old chicken coop, which was later a goat shed.  The roof is a car trunk lid I got from the dump during the 70s.