Tuesday, October 5, 2010

After a Long, Hot Summer

So much for my theory that cherry tomatoes are more able to withstand summer dieoff syndrome.  The pepper plants in the background are doing just fine.


These are my two remaining tomato plants, and even they are partly dead.  Fortunately, we were able to freeze plenty of tomatoes earlier in the summer, and we still have canned tomatoes from last year.  Next year I'll try growing my tomatoes in virgin ground -- the part of the garden that I've always reserved for the winter coldframes.  Since I'm now growing my winter veggies in the greenhouse and the Ark coldframe, I have new garden options, and planting my tomatoes in ground where they've never grown before is an obvious experiment.  I should have some results by August 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment